- Aliya leads projects in the area of taxation of legal entities and individuals.
- Aliya has more than 20 years of experience, having worked in Ernst & Young and Arthur Andersen (1994-2016). During 2004-2016 she was a Partner of tax and legal practice, as well as the head of tax and legal practice in Astana (2013-2016).
- From 1989 to March 1994 held management positions in Tax Inspectorate of Atyrau region (the head of department on foreign affairs and taxation of foreign entities) as well as Tax Inspectorate of Atyrau city.
Significant experience of working with senior representatives of authorities and professional associations:
- Member of the governmental working group developing the first Tax Code of The Republic of Kazakhstan and further improvement of tax legislation
- Oil and Gas, as well as Tax working group of the Foreign Investors’ Council chaired by the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- Assisting member of AmCham’s tax working group and ITIC
- Member of the Association of Taxpayers of the Republic of Kazakhstan, status – Expert.
- Member of Kazakhstan chamber of tax consultants (highest degree)
- Member of Institute of Directors (IoD), the UK.
- Fluent in Kazakh, English and Russian.
- Participated in the development of laws and regulations for practical application of tax regulations (tax instructions) and contracts for subsoil use.
- Experience in providing consulting services for multinational and national companies in the field of domestic taxation, tax structuring, transfer pricing, double taxation, identification and mitigation of tax risks, recommendation of tax optimization strategies, along with negotiating commercial contract terms
- Representing clients’ interests in tax and customs along with other state authorities such as courts.
- Extensive knowledge of Kazakhstan’s transfer pricing regulations
- Extensive knowledge of oil and gas industry and related service sector
- Participated in external audits of major Kazakh state and private companies
- As a key tax partner, participated at all stages of external audits including: planning, interim audit, final audit, finalization of external audit procedures (signing the respective memorandums), preparation of the letter to the management, presentation to the client’s audit committee
- Madina leads the projects in the area of HR management including individual taxation, payroll calculation, HR administration and immigration support.
- Madina has a 14 year experience in Ernst & Young (Almaty), the Tax & Law department (2003-2017).
- Madina was a Partner of Tax & Law department and the head of People Advisory Services group consisting of about 30 consultants.
- Madina was an active member of HR working groups of the Foreign Investor Council, EUROBAK, AmCham and Corporate Univesity of Samruk-Kazyna
- Madina is a member of Kazakhstan chamber of tax consultants (highest degree)
- Fluent in English and Russian.
- Advisory services in the area of taxation of individuals, including inbound/outbound expatriate personal tax compliance, assignment structuring, including implementation of secondment arrangements, short-term travelers taxation in Kazakhstan and other countries of Central Asia.
- Experience in personal taxation planning and compliance services for high net-worth individuals, including personal tax analysis of implementing personal holding structures.
- Analysis of payroll, personal tax and IFRS implications of long-term incentive scheme implementation.
- Payroll services for local and international companies with the headcount up to 1,000 individuals, payroll advisory services, payroll audits/health checks aimed at identification of tax exposure.
- Significant experience and expertise in working with various production-sharing agreements of various years.
- Experience in projects on tax structuring and optimization of the total tax burden of legal entities and individuals.
- Madina was also involved in tax planning projects and optimization of company's tax burden.